Remove Blackberry 10 Anti Theft Protection Lock
Its no news that the new update of Blackberry 10 OS (10.3.2) comes with an updated security package( Anti-Theft protection) which is found inside the Blackberry protect app.
This feature was made to take security measures like wipe, block or locate a Blackberry device when flagged as stolen or missing. When that is done, only the original owner of the phone with the valid Blackberry ID can setup the device again.
Unfortunately some of us buy used blackberry 10 devices which was originally setup using another blackberry id so after updating it to version 10.3.2 it ask to enter the Blackberry id which we do not have or know and thats a huge problem.
This tutorial will be showing you how to bypass the Anti theft protection. Follow the steps below.
Note:streamline is not responsible for anything you do using this tutorial
After updating to blackberry OS 10.3.2 you cannot downgrade to a previous version. But this sweet autoloader of Q10 (Q10_10.3.01.2267_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5) can downgrade on all Blackberry 10 models with OS version 10.3.2.2639
Download Q10_10.3.01.2267_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 autoloader from here
Download the original 10.3.2 autoloader for your BB10 device
- Flash/Update your blackberry with its original 10.3.2 autoloader (Assuming its not already on 10.3.2).
- After a successful flash with the original autoloader, Flash/Downgrade it with Q10_10.3.01.2267_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 autoloader.
- Setup the Blackberry with your new id.
- You can now update the phone back to 10.3.2 and set it up without any anti theft lock protection
If your phone still shows privacy protection lock, reflash it with Q10.3.01.2267_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 autoloader or valid developers version of 10.3.1.
The above Q10_10.3.01.2267_SQN100-1-2-3-4-5 autoloader works for all BB10 devices except Z10 STL 100-1 so you will have to use the developers autoloader of this device to remove privacy protection lock on this phone. Download it from the list below and follow the guide above You can also use the dev autoloaders of other models to remove anti theft protection on them. Download them also from the list below and follow the same guide above
- Leap STR100-1/2 ( use Q10_10.3.1) Download
- Passport SQW100-1/2/3 (developer v.10.3.1) Download
- Q5 SQR100-1/2/3 (developer v.10.3.1) Download
- Z3 STJ100-1/2 (developer v.10.3.1) Download
- Z10 STL100-1 (developer v.10.3.1) Download
- Z10 STL100-2/3/4 (developer v.10.3.1) Download
- Z30 STA100-1/2/3/4/5/6 (developer v.10.3.1) Download
Note that Blackberry might patch this trick soon